Goblin Week is definitely the best internet holiday.
Every year since 2014 I've participated in Goblin Week, which was started by Evan Dahm. I draw at least one goblin for each day of Goblin Week, and occasionally draw some extras as requests for friends.
Here are the goblins, in reverse chronological order
Goblin Week 2020
I'm continuing to work in physical media this week, and to draw some different types of gobs than I have before.
- Kicking things off with a goblin rider.
- Sometimes a goblin can be a terror on the wing.
- Here's a handsy goblin.
- A lazy musical goblin at play.
- Goblins take the wheel.
- I took pleasure in misinterpreting "a goblin snake charmer."
- A hungry gob.
- Goblin Week Goblin Wish Bonuses: my Cool Friend M wished for a goblinsona after a favorite painting and, it being Goblin Week, I GRANTED THAT WISH.
Goblin Week 2019
This time around for goblin week, I'm trying to work on my inking skills. They are decidedly still developing. I'm also trying to branch out into goblins of different varieties.
- Starting out with a shovel goblin.
- And then moving on for a protean goblin.
- "Pray, do not disturb my circles.".
- Now for a handy cook.
- Gobblin' garlic.
- Sticking your ass in a bucket doesn't make you a hermit crab.
- Some sleepy bois.
Goblin Week 2018
It's time for another goblin week, and this time I'm back to traditional media.
- Getting things started with some sportsmanlike goblins.
- A triumvirate of goblin seers, vast in vision.
- A patient elf sits and hears out a goblin complaint.
- Goblins are careful players.
- A goblin jockey befriends a leggy good boy.
- A comparison of various wights: human, elf, ettin, troll and goblin.
- A happy goblin to finish out the week.
- Goblin Week Goblin Wish Bonuses: My Beloved Betrothed Jenny wished to see (for some reason) goblins impersonating cows and I GRANTED THAT WISH. Furthermore, my Cool Friend M wished to see one of their circus friends as a goblin and, I GRANTED THAT TOO.
Goblin Week 2017
Goblin Week is upon us yet again. These are all back to digital media.
- Kicking things off with a boozy goblin.
- Goblins, being resourceful creatures, usually "repurpose" clothing and tools of larger creatures. When they do make their own clothing, however, there is a marked cultural preference for aprons.
- A master of goblin illusions.
- In a rare scene, a (relatively) young troll cares for a lost goblin.
- Goblin Week Goblin Wish Bonuses: My Cool Friend Ember wished to see another goblin this year, this time a cute angry queer goblin and, it being Goblin Week, I GRANTED THAT WISH. Furthermore, my Cool Friend Taylor wished to see a goblin sled and, it still being Goblin Week, I GRANTED THAT TOO.
- Goblins are good dancers.
- Goblin Week Goblin Wish Bonuses Part 2: My Cool Friend Denny wished for two goblins discovered trying to pass for a hobgoblin in a most childish manner and, it being Goblin Week, I GRANTED THAT WISH. Furthermore, my Cool Friend Ell wished to see a goblin baking and, it still being Goblin Week, IT WAS MY PLEASURE TO GRANT THAT WISH.
- Oh hello, didn't see you there.
- Finishing out the week with a gleeful gob.
Goblin Week 2016
Unfortunately, this year Goblin Week caught me with my artist trousers down, and my tablet ten time zones away. As a result, my offerings for this year are merely pen sketches photographed and tampered with. I lost the notebook that I drew these in, unfortunately, so these are as good as they're going to get.
The good thing was that Goblin Week 2016 inaugurated my tradition of granting Goblin-related wishes by friends and family.
- Dirtbike-stealing goblins
- Goblin Week Goblin Wish Bonus: My Cool Friend Ember asked for a goblinsona pinup in a Gil Elvgren pose and, it being Goblin Week I GRANTED THAT WISH.
- Judging goblins
- Looting goblins
- A goblin with bird problems
- Goblin Week Goblin Wish Bonus: Apparently pleased with their last wish, Ember relayed their mother's wish for some cupboard goblins and again, I GRANTED THAT WISH.
- Happy as a goblin in a hole.
- Goblin Week Goblin Wish Bonus: Several of the my friends independently requested a goblin wedding, and so in my most elaborate goblin scene yet (and a tribute to the recently departed David Bowie), I GRANTED THAT WISH
- Head-in-the-clouds goblin.
- X-TREME GOBLIN
- Goblin Week SPECIAL UNWISHED-FOR Goblin Bonus: I wrote a sketch of a little storygame in honor of Goblin Week 2016!! It was quite fun to write, perhaps it would even be fun to play.
Goblin Week 2015
Goblin Week 2015 was met with the same enthusiasm.
- Goat-stealing goblin
- Gone fishing
- Gaming goblins
- Actuarial goblin
- Proper alchemical technique
- Rocketeering goblins
- Taming goblins
Goblin Week 2014
I first drew goblins for Goblin Week in 2014. Digital media.